Sunday, December 2, 2012

Week Two Reflections


Last week I began to see the benefits of action research and how I could apply it to my classroom. This week my eyes were really opened to the benefit of action research and how it can shape school improvement from an administrative viewpoint.
The thing that stood out the most from all the reading was the benefit of teamwork in action research. When done collaboratively, a team can seek out new curriculum that will do the best at meeting the needs of their students; make positive changes to address a scheduling issue, or create a professional development plan customized to the faculty. 
As a result of this understanding and recommendations from my site supervisor, I changed the topic of my action research project to one that is going to be customized to a need at my school. I’m not sure how the research part is going to work. I need to seek some advice from Professor Abshire. However, I want to find out the effectiveness of an online summer school program for middle school students who have failed their core subjects. First I want to determine the reasons for them failing, if possible, and see what can be done to make an online summer school program meet their needs and help them to be successful in completing the summer packet required before they move to the next grade.  

No comments:

Post a Comment